Pixar is usually guaranteed for huge numbers at the Box Office. Toy Story 4 and Incredibles 2 last year were massive openings, but this year we’re starting off with a stumble. Onward opened up to $40 million and put it as the 2nd worst opening for a Pixar film behind The Good Dinosaur. Last week’s winner, The Invisible Man, dropped down to 2nd place and pulled in another $15 million. It’s now sitting at $52 million Domestic. The newcomers of The Way Back and Emma opened to 3rd and 6th places with $8.5 million and $5 million, respectively. You can see the rest of the Top Ten below.
- 1. Onward $40,000,000
- 2. The Invisible Man $15,150,000
- 3. The Way Back $8,500,000
- 4. Sonic the Hedgehog $8,000,000
- 5. The Call of the Wild $7,000,000
- 6. Emma $5,000,000
- 7. Bad Boys for Life $3,050,000
- 8. Birds of Prey $2,160,000
- 9. Impractical Jokers $1,845,000
- 10 My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising $1,528,753
Next weekend, expect to see a big shakeup at for the Top Ten. We have the releases of The Hunt and Bloodshot. I’m really rooting for the latter to make its mark in the pantheons of superhero cinematic history and that Sony and Valiant do the character justice. Find out if they did and it can land on the #1 spot on the next edition of Weekend Roundup.