Fortnite is one of those games that I don’t play all that often, but when I do, I geninuinly have a really good time. I actually have a lot more fun watching people play on Twitch which makes sense why it’s one of the most watched games ever being streamed. It looks like I’ll wanna dust off my controller though, as Fortnite’s first license tie-in (besides John Wick) launches with it’s Avengers: Infinity War limited-time event. Become THANOS in the Battle Royale mode that sounds insane and looks awesome!
So how do you get the Infinity Gauntlet?
Here are the instructions, straight from the patch notes:
- Early in the match, a meteor will land in the storm safe zone, delivering the Infinity Gauntlet.
- Any player who uses the Infinity Gauntlet will transform into Thanos.
- If Thanos is eliminated, the Gauntlet will fall to the ground, free for the taking. If it sits unused for too long, it will disappear until another meteor appears.
- Last player standing will be the victor!
Here is your list of abilities:
- Ability 1 — A mighty punch that knocks enemies back and destroys structures.
- Ability 2 — Thanos flies towards the ground, hitting an area for knockback and damage.
- Ability 3 — Harness the energy of the Power stone to fire a blast that deals damage over time.
- Ability 4 — A super-jump that can vault Thanos over all but the largest obstructions.
- Thanos has both shields and health. When he eliminates another player, his shields regenerate. His health never regenerates.
- Thanos doesn’t take fall damage.
- Thanos does not build, use weapons or things like launch pads. He has no need for such petty human devices.
Thanos may be powerful, but the new loot table is going to give players a fighting chance to take him down. This is how the field will look in terms of loot:
- Only Rare, Epic and Legendary weapons will be spawned.
- Increased chances of treasure chests spawning from 50-70 percent to 80-90 percent.
- Increased chances of ammo boxes spawning from 65-80 percent to 85-95 percent.
- Floor Loot spawns nearly 100 percent of the time.
- Launchpad spawn likelihood greatly increased.
- Harvesting resources doubled.
- Resources found in loot increased from 30 to 60.
- Chug Jug, Port-A-Fort, Boogie Bomb, Slurp Juice, Bush, and Remote Explosives drop rate increased.
- Regular Grenade, Shield & Bandage drop rate lowered.
Can’t wait to gear up and get going!