We’ve always rooted for the little guy over here at DFAT and try to focus on some of the titles that fly under the radar in the indie video game scene. One such game is: Spacejacked. It’s an action shooter/tower defense hybrid from Rotten Mage games. You can learn more about it below.
Spacejacked is here to charm your spacepants off. Available TODAY on Steam for the Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms, Spacejacked blends action shooter and tower defense into a frenetic retro package.
Named one of Forbes’ Best Upcoming Indie PC Releases of February and winner of Intel’s Level Up 2015 Game Demo Contest, Spacejacked is a hotly anticipated title. Its Endless Mode is already a certified hit on Newgrounds and Gamejolt with over 40,000 demo plays. The Steam release comes with brand spankin’ new Story Mode and Challenge Mode, along with brand new turrets and upgrades for maximum alien-zapping fun. The game retails for $9.99, with a 10% discount ($8.99) for the first week only.
The days of uselessly watching from above while your carefully placed towers fall are over. In Spacejacked, you are Dave, a space-technician whose useless colleagues keep getting kidnapped by alien scum. You’re down in the arena doing all the damn work yourself–building and upgrading turrets, zapping aliens hordes with your phaser, managing your Metal resource, and defending multiple arenas at once–all to a sweet, sweet chiptune soundtrack.
- Gravity is your servant! Flip between the ground and ceiling to blast alien scum
- Build multiple turret types, each with their own upgrades
- Defend multiple arenas simultaneously from oncoming hordes via gravity flipping and teleporters
- Escape from the clutches of the evil alien scum over the course of two major story arcs in Story Mode
- Enjoy the even faster-paced Endless Mode and compete for high-score with friends
- Play Challenge Mode with demanding set-pieces only fit for the most hardcore
- Compare your score worldwide with Steam Leaderboards
- Indulge your collection addiction with Steam Trading Cards