One of the biggest films of next year is sure to be Matt Reeves‘, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. The upcoming sequel is going to be bigger in scale, and we’re going to see a lot more of the Apes culture in this one. Comic Con showed off a few tidbits of info, and we thought we’d share.
First up, we have a viral video about the Simian Flu Virus. Remember at the end of the first film, how all those humans got sick and the disease spread? Well, it only gets worse for the homo-sapians.
Next, the studio is releasing a comic prequel called Before the Dawn. Looks like it will explore the humans a little more before we meet them in the film.
From the Comic Con panel itself, we have a some of the highlights:
- They wanted to make a Caeser-centric story
- This will be a story on how we get from Rise to Planet of the Apes
- This is 10 years later, Caesar has a wife and child
- The apes communicate with words and sign language
- Cirque de Soleil and parkour people were hired for the stunts as the apes
- Matthew Reeves said it takes 10-12 weeks to develop one ape shot, so post-production is far from over
Finally, we have our first look at Caesar in the film. He’s covered in warpaint and puts up the sign for his troops to halt. He looks amazing, and I can’t wait to see how much further Andy Serkis takes this character.
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes opens May 23rd, 2014.