You wanna mix the side-scrolling action of Ghosts’n Goblins with the music of deadmau5 and Dr. Kucho?! Sure, why not! That’s the premise behind Ghosts’n DJs which is now out on Steam. Learn more about this wacky mashup below!
Retro-like run’n gun side-scrolling action platformer featuring deadmau5 and Dr. Kucho!
Independent development studio Dr. Kucho! Games release Ghosts’n DJs on Steam today. The game will be free but donations to charities are welcome to help children with video games.
Inspired by the classic arcade hit Ghosts’n Goblins, Ghosts’n DJs is a satirical pixel-art run and gun side-scrolling action platformer featuring the electronic music artists deadmau5 and Dr. Kucho!
“The soundtrack in Ghosts’n DJs features 4 tracks made by deadmau5: Polaris, 4Ware, GG and Three Pound Chicken Wing”, says electronic music legend Dr. Kucho! “This game is free because we encourage fans to collaborate with game-related charities”.
Ghosts’n DJs is set in a parallel universe in which the music scene is being dominated by fake artists and DJ’s. Help Dr. Kucho! on his crusade for the love of music and equip himself with the legendary deadmau5 mask to defeat the evil creatures known as Devil Goata, Paul Douchebag, Paris Sheraton, Steve Karaoki and Pete Bullshit.
- Satirical pixel-art run and gun side-scrolling action platformer.
- Inspired by the classic arcade hit Ghosts’n Goblins.
- Set in a parallel universe in which the music scene is being dominated by fake DJ’s.
- 3 stages, 5 different enemies, walking and flying enemy behaviors, and one final boss.
- 4 regular weapons + deadmau5 head as armor and super weapon.
- 4 levels of difficulty for beginners and ultra hard core players.
- Super fast and fluid action gameplay.
- CRT filter for arcade feel.
- FX sounds based on 8 bit YM2203 and MOS6581 sound chips.
- Fully created by the house music legend Dr. Kucho!
- Featuring deadmau5.