The most popular format of movie-based video games have been on our favorite mobile devices, but in the past Gameloft has had full control on what was being released. In fact the last game to be released based on a Marvel character was the Winter Soldier game, which basically made you spend more money to kick more butt. Apparently this is no the case now that Disney Interactive is on the case! Here’s Guardians of the Galaxy: The Universal Weapon.
Here are some of the detail from the game!
- Build a team of Guardians and their allies while directing them in gesture-based real-time battles
- Go head to head with a roster of villains like Korath, Nebula, and Ronan
- Unlock an original story inspired by the film and reveal the identity of the Guardians’ shadowy nemesis
- Dive into six inter-galactic worlds with more than 60 unique levels at launch
- Play through the story in Battle Mode then switch up their team for battle in Arena Mode
Our resident Marvel Cosmic expert, Doc Palindrone has already picked up this game based on the fact it features his favorite character ever, Beta Ray Bill, and he says “it’s a lot of fun”, so there ya go! I’m looking forward to giving this game a shot as I love myself a fun RPG! Check out the launch trailer!
Guardians of the Galaxy: The Universal Weapon is available for $4.99 on the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, Windows Phone Store, and $8.99 on the Windows Store NOW!