A ton of news related to the next upcoming animated DC Universe film, Justice League: War from Warner Premiere and DC Comics has hit the webs. The movie will be available on Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Download, February 4th, 2014. For those not familiar with the DCU animated films, Justice League: War is the follow-up to 2013’s Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox and will be based on the initial run of Justice League from the New 52 by Geoff Johns and Jim Lee, the duo even make some appearances in the special features. DC Collectibles also showed off its line of action figures based on the movie, but they seem to be missing some important characters, like Batman. I’m sure we will see him at some point, but don’t hold your breath for another “life-size” Darkseid like we got with the New 52 series. Check out all the cool pics below and the specs from the Blu-ray! I can’t wait for the next film in the series, Son of Batman, based on the Damian Wayne Robin story by Grant Morrision!
- A Sneak Peek at Son of Batman – An advance look into the next DC Animated Feature Film with the creators and cast
- Deconstructing Justice League: War with Jay Oliva and Jim Lee – Part commentary, part documentary, director Jay Oliva teams up with artist Jim Lee as they compare and contrast the comic to screen process of some of the most memorable moments in the film.
- Creating Heroes: The Life and Art of Jim Lee – This documentary film explores the work of master artist, Jim Lee, from his early days to his current position at DC and collaboration with Geoff Johns.
- Justice League: War Act D – From animatic to pencil test
- From the DC Comics Vault:
- Justice League Unlimited Season 3 “Destroyer”
- Batman: The Brave and The Bold Season 2 “The Malicious Mr. Mind”
- Young Justice Invasion: Destiny Calling Season 2 Part 1 “Happy New Year”
- Young Justice Invasion: Destiny Calling Season 2 Part 1 “Earthlings”
- Includes UltraViolet so you can enjoy the film on many different compatible devices.
[box_light]When the powerful Darkseid and his massive, relentless forces invade Earth, a group of previously unaligned super heroes – misunderstood and, in some cases, hunted by the authorities – discover the only way to fend off the attack will be to work together as a cohesive unit. Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Shazam and, in his origin story, Cyborg combine their respective talents in an all-out battle to save the planet. Based on the 2012 graphic novel, “Justice League: Origin,” by Geoff Johns & Jim Lee, JUSTICE LEAGUE: WAR provides a glance into the world before the Justice League was created, and offers the initial animated incarnation of DC Entertainment’s “The New 52.”
Justice League: War is produced by Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment, Justice League: War features the voices of Jason O’Mara (Vegas, Terra Nova), Christopher Gorham (Covert Affairs), Justin Kirk (Weeds), Alan Tudyk (Suburgatory, Serenity, Firefly), Michelle Monaghan (Mission: Impossible III), Shemar Moore (Criminal Minds), Sean Astin (LOTR films), Bruce Thomas (Army of Darkness) and Steve Blum (Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox). Producer is James Tucker and director is Jay Oliva from a script by Heath Corson.[/box_light]
Stay tooned 😛