As you all know we here at Don’t Forget a Towel dot com are huge fans of the Star Wars. This week marks another notch in Star Wars history as both trilogies are getting a digital release for the very first time. This Friday, April 10th, the movies will be released by Disney, 20th Century Fox, and LucasFilm. This kind of team-up only gives me hope that maybe the two studios can work something out when it comes to the Marvel films. But that’s me dreaming.
Below is a list of the extras that will be included with each film, which of course can be bought as a whole or individual films. Check it out!
Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Conversations: Doug Chiang Looks Back
- Discoveries From Inside: Models & Miniatures
- Legacy content includes “The Beginning”; The Podrace: Theatrical Edit; plus eight deleted scenes.
Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Conversations: Sounds In Space
- Discoveries From Inside: Costumes Revealed
- Legacy content includes “From Puppets To Pixels: Digital Characters In Episode II”; State Of
- The Art: The Previsualization Of Episode II; and “Films Are Not Released, They Escape”; plus Episode II Visual Effects Breakdown Montage and six deleted scenes.
Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Conversations: The Star Wars That Almost Was
- Discoveries From Inside: Hologram & Bloopers
- Legacy content includes documentaries “Within A Minute: The Making Of Episode III”; The
- Journey Part 1; and The Journey Part 2; plus six deleted scenes.
Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (20th Century Fox)
- Conversations: Creating A Universe
- Discoveries From Inside: Weapons & The First Lightsaber
- Legacy content includes “Anatomy Of A Dewback”; Star Wars Launch Trailer; plus eight deleted scenes.
Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Conversations: The Lost Interviews
- Discoveries From Inside: Matte Paintings Unveiled
- Legacy content includes “A Conversation With The Masters” (2010); “Dennis Muren: How
- Walkers Walk”; “George Lucas On Editing The Empire Strikes Back 1979”; and “George Lucas
- On The Force: 2010”; plus six deleted scenes.
Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Conversations: The Effects
- Discoveries From Inside: The Sounds Of Ben Burtt
- Legacy content includes “Classic Creatures: Return Of The Jedi”; “Revenge Of The Jedi
- Teaser Trailer”; Return Of The Jedi Launch Trailer; “It Began TV Spot”; “Climactic Chapter
- TV Spot”; plus five deleted scenes.
*Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer
Pricing for the films will be about $20 for each individual movie and about 90 bucks for the complete collection. For those of you who didn’t pick up the amazing Blu-ray set, or you prefer the digital medium, your chance to own these classic films has arrived.