Star Wars: The Old Republic is set to release two new expansion packs in 2014, per Senior Producer Bruce Maclean, in hopes to attract more players and draw former players back to the universe.
The game was initially released in 2011 and changed over to a free-to-play model with premium content and items available via in-game purchases. Since the change, the game has introduced new PvP content.
- February 4th: Game Update 2.6 – Galactic Starfighter Digital Expansion, Free-to-Play Launch
- Galactic Starfighter is now available to Free-to-Play players
- SIX new Galactic Starfighter ships featuring a new ship role, the Bomber – tough support ships that deploy mines and drones on the battlefield. They can even place Hyperspace Beacons which function as mobile respawn points for their allies!
- This update also introduces Galactic Starfighter Detailed Scoreboards with loads of new post-match information about your battle performance
- Your personal Galactic Starfighter Battle Record with detailed lifetime battle stats, and the ability to link each stat to chat
- Kuat Drive Yards is a vital starship construction site that is of interest to both factions, and forms the setting for a new modular type of flashpoint that contains different scenarios each time you play it. Kuat Drive Yards Tactical Flashpoint scales in difficulty with your level and is available to players starting at level 15
- March 14th – March 17th: Double XP weekend!
- April 8th: Game Update 2.7
- Two new Flashpoints on Tython and Korriban where the Empire and Republic confront each other directly, initiating a new storyline that will span updates across the entire year until its galaxy-shaking finale
- Nightmare Mode Dread Fortress Operation and a new tier of gear
- New Huttball Warzone on Quesh
- New Galactic Starfighter Battle Zone
- June 10th: Game Update 2.8
- Nightmare Mode Dread Palace Operation
- New ships and an entirely new Ship Role for Galactic Starfighter
- And much more… this is going to be the biggest update up to this point – we will reveal more once we are a bit closer to June
These details and more about the road map for 2014 are outlined on the official site for TOR. Time to return to that Galaxy far, far away!