One of my Go-To Halloween movies is Michael Dougherty‘s, Trick ‘R Treat. It was a film that I had been waiting YEARS to watch, and when I saw it, the film exceeded all of my expecations and became an instant cult classic. I’m not the only one who feels that way, and last night Dougherty had a screening at Beyond Fest 2013 at L.A.’s Egyptian Theater. After the screening, the director chatted with Entertainment Weekly to confirm that Trick ‘R Treat 2 is on it’s way! Below, are some highlights of the conversation.
- The #1 questions he received were about making a sequel
- The Sequel isn’t written yet, it’s still in his head
- He’s always wanted to make a Halloween film every year, and it to be an anthology film
- He had to CONVINCE studios that vampires, werewolves, and zombies would make a good movie
- He wants to tackle different monsters in the sequel
- Hopefully the new one will reach theaters
- He’s hoping to turn it into a trilogy
- The sequel is coming from fan demand, they are the reason that Dougherty is making it
You can read the full interview here at Entertainment Weekly.