Warner Bros chairman and CEO, Kevin Tsujihara, spoke with investors today to go over television and movie pushes for the next six years and made a ton of exciting announcements. Amongst his plans to do a trilogy for the Fantastic Beasts books by J.K. Rowling and more Lego films; he also told us of all the DC films that will be coming out. We also have confirmation that Jason Mamoa will in fact be playing Aquaman. Which was bantering back and forth and pretty obvious, but now we know it’s true. The other HUGE announcement is Ezra Miller being OFFICIALLY cast as The Flash Below you can see an image of the films planned out and learn more about Ezra as well!
As you can see, we will first be seeing Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice in 2016; but the bigger news is a planned Suicide Squad film with A-List actors! No word on casting just yet, but this is huge news. The rest of the years will be doubling up on the superhero films and you can see the full slate and release dates below:“
- “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” directed by Zack Snyder (2016)
- “Suicide Squad,” directed by David Ayer (2016)
- “Wonder Woman,” starring Gal Gadot (2017)
- “Justice League Part One,” directed by Zack Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams reprising their roles (2017)
- “The Flash,” starring Ezra Miller (2018)
- “Aquaman,” starring Jason Momoa (2018)
- “Shazam” (2019)
- “Justice League Part Two,” directed by Zack Snyder (2019)
- “Cyborg,” starring Ray Fisher (2020)
- “Green Lantern” (2020)
As mentioned, Ezra Miller will be taking on the role of the Flash. He’s about the same age (22) as Grant Gustin (24) who is currently playing the character on television. He’ll be stepping into the very fast shoes of Barry Allen, which is awesome. He did an amazing job in Perks of Being a Wallflower and We Need to Talk About Kevin. The only problem I have is that this shatters a shared universe with tv and the movies.
So, what’s everyone think of these movie announcements and our new Flash?! Sound off in the comments!