Let’s just start a round of applause for Ice Cube and Kevin Hart. Not only did they surpass all early projections, not only did they take the top Box Office spot this weekend; they also had the biggest January opening of ALL-TIME. *clap clap clap* Ride Along took in a whopping $41.2mil this weekend and left the other newcomers in it’s wake.
1. Ride Along – Universal – $41.2M
2. Lone Survivor – Universal – $23.2M
3. Nut Job, The – Open Road – $20.6M
4. Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit – Paramount – $17.2M
5. Frozen – Disney – $12.0M
6. American Hustle – Sony – $10.6M
7. Devil’s Due – 20th Century Fox – $8.5M
8. August: Osage County – The Weinstein Company – $7.6M
9. Wolf Of Wall Street, The – Paramount – $7.5M
10. Saving Mr. Banks – Disney – $4.1M
11. Her – Warner Bros. – $4.1M
12. Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug, The – Warner Bros. – $3.9M
As you can see, Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit, The Nut Job, and Devil’s Due couldn’t come close to Ride Along’s numbers. Though, in the case of Devil’s Due, the budget was only $7mil and therefore it’ll end up being a pretty big success by the end of it’s run.
Next Week, should bode well for I, Frankenstein; which is really the only movie that will come out. We’ll see how it fares against Hart and Cube in the battle for the top of the Box Office next weekend. Stay Tuned to DFAT to find out what happens!