Frozen continues to destroy at the Box Office. The Disney film brought in another $20mil over the weekend, and put it ahead of newcomer, Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. Not that the spinoff film did bad, it brought in $18mil, and since the budget for the film was $5mil, it’s already considered a win.
The rest of Top 10 trailed behind, with 47 Ronin not even making the list, and Grudge Match bringing up the rear with $5mil. It’ll be interesting to see what happens at the Mouse House when two movies debut next week, The Legend of Hercules and Lone Survivor with Mark Wahlberg.
1. “Frozen,” $20.7 million ($52 million international).
2. “Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones,” $18.2 million ($16.2 million international).
3. “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug,” $16.3 million ($58 million international).
4. “The Wolf of Wall Street,” $13.4 million ($6.3 million international).
5. “American Hustle,” $13.2 million ($6.8 million international).
6. “Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues,” $11.1 million ($5.4 million international).
7. “Saving Mr. Banks,” $9.1 million.
8. “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty,” $8.2 million ($31.5 million international).
9. “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire,” $7.4 million ($9.1 million international).
10. “Grudge Match,” $5.4 million.
My money is on The Legend of Hercules taking over the #1 spot next week. It’s going up against Frozen and newcomer, Lone Survivor; but who doesn’t like a gladiator film? Make sure you check out the contest to win a copy of the Kellan Lutz signed poster; and stop back here next week to find out who was #1 at the Box Office!