Tyler Perry is continuing to make Madea movies and audiences are continuing to support them. His latest film, A Madea Family Funeral, did not debut in the #1 spot; but it did take 2nd with $27 million. Given these films probably cost between $10-$15 million to produce, its still a win for Perry. Audiences were more concerned about flying dragons this weekend, as How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World was #1 again this weekend with $30 million. This brings its domestic total to $97 million.
You can see the rest of the Top Ten below.
1. How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World $30,046,000
2. Tyler Perry’s A Madea Family Funeral $27,050,000
3.Alita: Battle Angel $7,000,000
4. The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part $6,615,000
5. Green Book $4,711,000
6. Fighting With My Family $4,691,284
7. Isn’t It Romantic $4,645,000
8. Greta $4,585,000
9. What Men Want $2,700,000
10. Happy Death Day 2U $2,516,000
Next weekend, the Box Office will get a much-needed jolt in the form of Marvel’s Captain Marvel. The film is expected to open to $70 million and I personally can’t wait to see just how much it rakes in. Find out what happens on the next edition of Weekend Roundup!