The Meg is a movie about a giant shark that eats a lot of people in the ocean. Like the sea monster, the film was able to take a huge bite out of the Box Office and come in at the #1 spot with $44.5 million. The Jason Statham-led film was not guaranteed a win when it started off this weekend but managed to finally take down Mission: Impossible Fallout and Christopher Robin; which took 2nd and 3rd places respectively. The rest of the Top Ten are below.
- The Meg – $44.5 million
- Mission: Impossible Fallout – $20 million
- Disney’s Christopher Robin – $12.4 million
- Slender Man – $11.3 million
- BlacKkKlansman – $10.7 million
- The Spy Who Dumped Me – $6.6 million
- Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again – $5.8 million
- The Equalizer 2 – $5.5 million
- Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation – $5.1 million
- Ant-Man and the Wasp: $4 million
Next weekend, is the release of Mile 22 and Alpha. The latter looks like horrid and will shock me if it even makes the Top Ten, but then again, I’m not really its audience. We’ll see how things shake out in the next edition of Weekend Roundup.