I didn’t know that the ‘Angels of Gerard Butler’ series were as popular as they were, because when I saw that a third installment was releasing this weekend I had to scratch my head and think when was the last time I saw one of those movies. I guess I was the only one though, because Angel Has Fallen has becoming the #1 movie at the Box Office this past weekend. Looks like we’re looking at a Quadrilogy in the future I’d say.
The rest of the Top Ten included the foul-mouthed, Good Boys, dropping to #2 but still making some cash. The film took in another $11 million and has brought it’s domestic total to over $42 million. Meanwhile, Ready or Not, was doing pretty well in previous weeks but took a dip to the 6th position. The rest of the Top Ten are below.
1. Angel Has Fallen $21,250,000
2. Good Boys $11,750,000
3. Overcomer $8,200,000
4. The Lion King (2019) $8,150,000
5. Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw $8,140,000
6. Ready or Not $7,550,000
7. The Angry Birds Movie 2 $6,365,000
8. Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark $6,000,000
9. Dora and the Lost City of Gold $5,200,000
10. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood $5,000,000
Next weekend, we have the release of Playmobil: The Movie. Trying to capitalize on things like the Lego films and even Angry Birds and UglyDolls; it’ll be interesting to see how this does. I predict not very well, but find out if I’m right in the next edition of Weekend Roundup!