There wasn’t any doubt that Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy would be taking in Box Office gold this weekend. After the last couple month’s of a slump in ticket sales, it was a question as to just how much it would bring in. The GOTG took in more than $94million and solidified it as #1 at the Box Office.
No one even tried to come up against it this weekend, so the others in the Top Ten included Lucy and Get On UP amongst others. They each brought in $18.2million and $14million respectively. Check out the rest below.
1. Guardians of the Galaxy, 1/4,080, Disney/Marvel, $94 million.
2. Lucy, 2/3,202, Universal/EuropaCorp, $18.2 million, -58%, $79.6
3. Get On Up, 1/2,468, Universal, $14 million.
4. Hercules, 2/3,595, Paramount/MGM, $10.7 million, -64%, $52.3 million.
5. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, 4/3,283, Fox, $8.7 million, -48%, $189.3 million.
6. Planes: Fire & Rescue, 3/3,241, Disney, $6.4 million, -33%, $47.6 million.
7. The Purge: Anarchy, 3/2,656, Universal, $5.6 million, -47%, $63 million.
8. Sex Tape, 3/2,500, Sony, $3.6 million, -41%, $33.9 million.
9. And So It Goes, 2/1,816, Clarius Entertainment, $3.34 million, -28%, $10.5 million.
10. A Most Wanted Man, 2/729, Roadside Attractions, $3.32 million, +24%, $7.1 million.
Next week, will be the return of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to the big screen. It’s been over 20 years since we’ve seen a live-action Turtles movie and even though the characters are CGI, this one looks to have the same humor and even bigger action than ever before. Will the GOTG stay on top or will the Turtles kick Box Office shell? Find out on the next edition of Weekend Roundup!