IT Chapter Two has floated on to the Top Spot at the Box Office this past weekend, despite just how miserable things looked on the rest of the movie landscape. The film was able to earn $91 million which, while it was #1, it was still below the premier of the first film which took in $126 million on its opening weekend. Overseas, the film did perform better as it earned $94 million and took in $185 million Worldwide.
The rest of the Box Office was just pretty abysmal. Last week’s winner, Angel Has Fallen, took in $6 million for the 2nd spot and the rest of the Top Ten just followed suit after that. You can see the rest of the numbers below.
1. IT Chapter Two $91,000,000
2. Angel Has Fallen $6,000,000
3. Good Boys $5,390,000
4. The Lion King (2019) $4,193,000
5. Overcomer $3,750,000
6. Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw $3,720,000
7. The Peanut Butter Falcon $2,276,430
8. Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark $2,275,000
9. Ready or Not $2,229,000
10. Dora and the Lost City of Gold $2,170,000
Next weekend, we get newcomers The Goldfinch and Hustlers. I’m not sure which one will take the top spot but either one that makes some money would be great for the Box Office as it desperately needs some help.